Mirror Onyx 80008 50" Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace
- A mirror when it’s off, beautiful flame shines through when it’s turned on
- Includes log set and crystal
- The most realistic electric fireplace LED flame available
- Excellent value
- Easy to mount to wall
- IR remote control
- Heats up to 400 square feet (5,000 BTUs)
- Standard 120V plug in power
- Mirror-finished tempered glass front panel
Touchstone's Mirror Onyx® is a unique twist on the top-selling black glass Onyx® fireplace. While the standard Onyx® features a black framed glass front panel, the Mirror Onyx® features mirrored glass on its front panel. The mirrored glass allows you to display your electric fireplaces realistic flames only when the unit is powered on. When the unit is off, the mirror conceals the logs within and its front is a complete mirror surface.
Touchstone's Mirror Onyx® is a 50" wide electric fireplace with the same deceivingly lifelike flame as the original Onyx®. Its mirror surface makes it the perfect piece for foyers, bedrooms & dressing areas, bathrooms, or any other space that needs the depth a large mirror deliverers. While the Mirror Onyx® offers 2 levels of heating (1500W & 750W) to heat any space up to 400 square feet. Additionally, Touchstones Mirror Onyx® Electric Fireplace requires a simple installation with easy step by step instructions.
The realistic quality of Touchstone™ fireplace flames can't be understated. At trade shows and retail locations, customers always ask if the flame is hot to the touch or if its a gas log, and most of our reviews focus on the realistic fire. To view the impressively realistic flames of this unit check out the video link on this page. The flames can be run separately from the heating features, allowing you to enjoy the flames of your electric fireplace year round. The Mirror Onyx® has 5 flame settings, which let you pick the right flame for mood your looking for, ranging from a subtle ember to a full flame. Read more about the benefits of electric fireplaces.
Yes, it does heat your room
Like all Touchtone fireplaces, the Mission Onyx® has two heat settings at 1500W and 750W,which quickly add heat to a room up to 400 sq. ft. Please note the heater isn't designed to be the primary heat source in your room or home. Its designed to warm up a cool evening, or bring the temperature of a room up a few degrees. The heater can be controlled from the side of the fireplace or from the included remote. The Mirror Onyx® also gives you the option of using the built in timer to control the heat settings so that you have the ability to time the fireplaces heat duration for up to 7.5 hours.
Mounting and Use
Mounting your Mirror Onyx® fireplace to your wall is simple and it usually only takes one person to get the job done. Installation instructions are included with the unit and are clear and easy to understand. The easily mountable bracket is included and once it has been mounted to your wall, all you need to do is hang and secure your fireplace with the included screws. As recommended by Touchstone™, the optimal placement of your fireplace is high enough on your wall to conceal the mounting hardware but at least 24 inches below your ceiling. Most customers opt to mount their Onyx® on the wall below their wall-mounted flatscreen television, however, we recommend you mount your electric fireplace at least 24 inches below your TV.
Tempered Front Glass Panel
The front glass panel on the wall-mount series electric fireplace is 4mm thick and made of tempered glass for durability and safety. The glass panel is designed to crumble in small chunks, if broken, to minimize injury instead of larger jagged shards that could injure the user.
- 2 heat settings (high and low)
- Wall mounting brackets included
- Remote control for heat and flame setting (batteries not included)
- Dual mode, operates on low and high heat
- Heat disable switch allows for recessing into wall
- Built in timer mode for shut off in 30 minutes to 7.5 hours.
- If mounting under a wall mounted flat panel TV, mount fireplace at least 24" below the bottom of the TV.
- Frame color: Mirror
- Fireplace dimensions: 50.4" W x 21.65" H x 5.5" D
- Firebox dimensions (for recessing unit): 38.75" W x 18.75" H x 5" D
- Shipping carton dimensions: 55 in. x 9 in. x 27 in
- Part number: 80008
- Watts: 1,500
- BTU's: 5,000
- Room Coverage: 400 ft.
- Fireplace Weight: 41.2 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 55 pounds
- Voltage: 120v
- Amperes: 11 and up
Delivery & Shipping
Touchstone’s Electric Fireplaces are shipped via UPS Ground service. If you would like priority shipping, please call us at 888-978-3531 to request a quote.
These deliveries are handled the same way as any UPS Ground shipment, so they can be left when you are not home. Touchstone is responsible for the delivery only to the point that the Fireplace is dropped off, so please be aware of any possible issues with a drop off delivery if you are not home, or if the weather is an issue.
Touchstone™ sends you an email with your order shipment tracking information, so you can check with the shipping carrier directly to track your shipment.
Shopping in Canada?
For customers shopping in Canada, please click here for more information about delivery into Canada.
For more information regarding our return policy, please click here.
INCLUDED IN STANDARD 1-YEAR WARRANTY (INCLUDED WITH FIREPLACE PURCHASE):
- Replacement of any non-functioning electronic parts
- Free Toll Free tech support (888-978-3531)
INCLUDED IN EXTENDED 2-YEAR WARRANTY ($69):
- 2-year warranty (2 years full replacement)
- Replacement of any non-functioning parts
- Toll-Free Customer Service & Support (English & Spanish speaking) includes cleaning instructions for stain removal, cleaning products, and/or assistance from a professional cleaner or a repair technician.
Watch the video and see all the features of the Mirror Onyx Electric Fireplace
Watch the installation video and see how easy it is to hang a Touchstone wall mounted electric fireplace, such as the Mirror Onyx, on your wall with the included wall mount bracket.
Our first fireplace had some scratches on the front glass and the flame motor made some slight knocking noises. We contacted the company about it and they immediately shipped a replacement unit. The replacement unit works fantastic and is beautiful. Excellent service and product!