Help and Service For Your Touchstone Electric Fireplace
Thank you for purchasing a Touchstone Electric Fireplace. Our customer service team is here to help you install and operate your electric fireplace. You'll find answers to frequently asked questions below.
- How far do I need to mount my fireplace below my flat screen TV?
- Touchstone and most flat screen TV manufacturers recommend you place your TV 24 inches above any of our wall hanging electric fireplaces (Onyx/Ivory Wall Mount Series) where the heat blows out of the top of the unit. We recommend 8 inches of clearance for our in-wall recessed models (Sideline Series, Sideline Elite Series, ValueLine Series, AudioFlare Series, and Chesmont Mantel Fireplaces) where heat blows out the front of the unit.
- Where can I find installation instructions or detailed spec sheets?
- You can find all the info needed for your Touchstone Electric fireplace in the manual that came with your unit. If you are missing or misplaced your manual, simply go to the product page of the unit you have on our website where you can find the manual and spec sheet under the specifications tab.
- Why doesn’t my smart electric fireplace stay connected to WiFi?
- As an added safety feature, the WiFi connection will automatically disconnect after **24 consecutive hours of non-use. This helps to ensure the fireplace is not inadvertently turned on by app after an extended period of time. To re-enable the Wifi connection, simply hold down the FLAME button on the fireplace touchscreen for 15 seconds until the display shows P4. Visit the Touchstone Smart Electric Fireplace WiFi Setup page for more information.
- The unit shuts off when I turn the heat on. Why?
- Usually this happens when the current draw on your outlet is too high. If you have multiple appliances plugged into the same outlet as your fireplace, try unplugging the other appliances. If it still shuts off, try running your fireplace on a separate outlet that is not inline with the one previously being used.
- My ValueLine/Sideline Elite/Fury electric fireplace heater does not turn on or keeps shutting off. Why?
- This unit has a thermostat used to measure ambient air temperature. Be sure you set the thermometer to the unit's always on setting if you wish to have continuous heat.
- The heater on my Onyx/Ivory series electric fireplace doesn't work. Why?
- Check to make sure the heat disable switch on your fireplace is not switched on. See our video below for more info.
- What side of the crystal strip do I place in the fireplace facing up?
- It does not matter which side is facing up.
- How do I arrange the crystals in my fireplace?
- You can arrange the crystals in any manner that you wish.
- Can I use log set and crystals together?
- Our electric fireplaces are designed so that only the log set or crystals are used, not both at the same time.
How to install a Sideline electric fireplace into your wall.
Sideline Elite Installation and Features
How to remove the glass panel on our Onyx/Ivory series of electric fireplaces.
Heat Disable Switch for Onyx/Ivory series.
How to Connect a Touchstone WiFi Electric Fireplace to Tuya App
How to Re-enable Touchstone Smart Electric Fireplace WiFi Connection