Onyx 80001 50" Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace
- The best-selling electric fireplace
- Features unmatched realistic flames
- Includes two heat settings that add heat to any room up to 400 square
- Now with a log-set flame and crystal flame included. Your choice!
- Mounting and installation is simple and hassle-free
- Price includes shipping and delivery costs
With its lifelike flames and stunning black frame, Touchstone's Onyx is the perfect addition to the functionality and style of your home. This 50" wide electric fireplace can be mounted on the wall of your bedroom, family room, or anywhere in your home to offer the aesthetic appeal of a finely crafted fireplace without the troubles or hazards of an actual fire. While the Onyx can be used without the heating feature for simple mood or stylistic purposes, it also offers 2 levels of heating (high and low) to help heat any room up to 400 square feet. Additionally, Touchstones Onyx Electric Fireplace requires a simple installation with easy step by step instructions.
The Onyx now ships with both a log and crystal hearth option. Whn you received the Onyx, just choose if you want the realism of a log flameset or the modern look of a crystal flameset. To view the realistic flames of this unit check out the video link on this page. The Onyxs flames sit behind one tempered piece of glass and offer the illusion of a real fireplace without the hassle. The Onyxs heating options make this electric fireplace a versatile addition to your home. Thanks to the Onyxs ability to display flames while emitting heat or to display flames without the heating feature, you can also enjoy the calming flames all year round. In addition to its versatile heating settings, the Onyx also offers 5 flame brightness settings giving you the ability to adjust the flames to your desired glow. The brightness options, which can be manipulated by the unit's remote, range from a dull ember glow to a full blaze. The Onyxs flames are so realistic, your electric fireplace will be mistaken for a real gas fire place. Read more about the benefits of electric fireplaces.
Yes, it does heat your room
Offering both a high and low heat setting, which quickly add heat to a room up to 400 sq. ft. Please note the heater isn't designed to be the primary heat source in your room or home. Its designed to warm up a cool evening, or bring the temperature of a room up a few degrees. You will find that the heat and style of your electric fireplace combined with your home's primary heating will offer just the right amount of warmth and ambiance for a cozy atmosphere. You can control your electric fireplaces heat setting by using the units remote control or by simple using the control options on the side of the fireplace. The Onyx also gives you the option of using the built in timer to control the heat settings so that you have the ability to time the fireplaces heat duration for up to 7.5 hours.
Heat Disable Switch
The Onyx fireplace can be mounted to your wall or recessed into your wall thanks to this units heat disable switch. This switch allows you to recess your electric fireplace into your wall by deactivating its heat settings. With this switch, you can run the fireplaces flame settings without the heating features, perfect for customers who want the aesthetic appeal of a fireplace without the heat.
Mounting and Use
Mounting your Onyx fireplace to your wall is simple and it usually only takes one person to get the job done. Installation instructions are included with the unit and are clear and easy to understand. The Onyxs easily mountable bracket is included and once it has been mounted to your wall, all you need to do is hang and secure your fireplace with the included screws. As recommended by Touchstone, the optimal placement of your Onyx Electric fireplace is high enough on your wall to conceal the mounting hardware but at least 24 inches below your ceiling. Most customers opt to mount their Onyx on the wall below their wall-mounted flatscreen television, however, we recommend you mount your electric fireplace at least 24 "below your TV because of its heating feature.
- 2 heat settings (high and low)
- Wall mounting brackets included
- Remote control for heat and flame setting (batteries not included)
- Dual mode, operates with or without heat for only flame effect
- Heat disable switch allows for recessing into wall
- Built in timer mode for shut off in 30 minutes to 7.5 hours.
- If mounting under a wall mounted flat panel TV, mount fireplace at least 24" below the bottom of the TV.
- Frame color: Black
- Fireplace dimensions: 50.4" W x 21.65" H x 5.5" D
- Firebox dimensions (for recessing unit): 38.75" W x 18.75" H x 5" D
- Shipping carton dimensions: 55 in. x 9 in. x 27 in
- Part number: 80001
- Watts: 1,500
- BTU's: 5,118
- Room Coverage: 400 ft.
- Fireplace Weight: 46 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 55 pounds
- Voltage: 120v
- Amperes: 11 and up
Delivery & Shipping
Touchstone's Electric Fireplaces are shipped via UPS and FedEx Ground service. If you would like priority shipping, please call us at 888-978-3531 to request a quote.
These deliveries are handled the same way as any UPS or FedEx Ground shipment, so they can be left when you are not home. Touchstone is responsible for the delivery only to the point that the Fireplace is dropped off, so please be aware of any possible issues with a drop off delivery if you are not home, or if weather is an issue.
Touchstone sends you an email with your order shipment tracking information, so you can check with the shipping carrier directly to track your shipment.
Shopping in Canada?
For customers shopping in Canada, please click here for more information about delivery into Canada.
For more information regarding our return policy, please click here.
INCLUDED IN STANDARD 1-YEAR WARRANTY (INCLUDED WITH FIREPLACE PURCHASE):
- Replacement of any non-functioning electronic parts
- Free Toll Free tech support (888-978-3531)
INCLUDED IN EXTENDED 2-YEAR WARRANTY ($69):
- 2-year warranty (2 years full replacement)
- Replacement of any non-functioning parts
- Toll-Free Customer Service & Support (English & Spanish speaking) includes cleaning instructions for stain removal, cleaning products, and/or assistance from a professional cleaner or a repair technician.