Item #: 80008
- Mirrored glass hides the logs within when flames are powered off
- Includes two heating settings to add heat to a room up to 400 square feet
- Features the most realistic flame of any electric fireplace available
- Can either be mounted or inserted into your wall
- Mirror surface is perfect for adding depth to bedrooms or other small rooms
- Price includes shipping and delivery costs
Touchstone's Mirror Onyx is a unique twist on the top-selling black glass Onyx fireplace. While the standard Onyx features a black framed glass front panel, the Mirror Onyx features mirrored glass on its front panel. The mirrored glass allows you to display your electric fireplace’s realistic flames only when the unit is powered on. When the unit is off, the mirror conceals the logs within and its front is a complete mirror surface.
Touchstone's Mirror Onyx is a 50" wide electric fireplace with the same deceivingly lifelike flame as the original Onyx. Its mirror surface makes it the perfect piece for foyers, bedrooms & dressing areas, bathrooms, or any other space that needs the depth a large mirror deliverers. While the Mirror Onyx can be used without the heat on, it does offer 2 levels of heating (1500W & 750W) to heat any space up to 400 square feet. Additionally, Touchstone’s Mirror Onyx Electric Fireplace requires a simple installation with easy step by step instructions.
The realistic quality of Touchstone fireplace flames can't be understated. At trade shows and retail locations, customers always ask if the flame is hot to the touch or if its a gas log, and most of our reviews focus on the realistic fire. To view the impressively realistic flames of this unit check out the video link on this page. The flames can be run separately from the heating features, allowing you to enjoy the flames of your electric fireplace year round. The Mirror Onyx has 5 flame settings, which let you pick the right flame for mood your looking for, ranging from a subtle ember to a full flame. Read more about the benefits of electric fireplaces.
Yes, it does heat your room
Like all Touchtone fireplaces, the Mission Onyx has two heat settings at 1500W and 750W,which quickly add heat to a room up to 400 sq. ft. Please note the heater isn’t designed to be the primary heat source in your room or home. Its designed to warm up a cool evening, or bring the temperature of a room up a few degrees. The heater can be controlled from the side of the fireplace or from the included remote. The Mirror Onyx also gives you the option of using the built in timer to control the heat settings so that you have the ability to time the fireplace’s heat duration for up to 7.5 hours.
Heat Disable Switch
When customers ask for a feature, Touchstone delivers. All of Touchstone's 50" fireplaces feature our exclusive heat disable switch, which lets you recess the fireplace into a wall. With the heating element in the firebox of the unit, it would be a fire hazard to mount this unit in the wall, but when using the heat disable switch this can be done without any concerns. We've found so many clients asking and discussing using our 50" wall mounted fireplaces in this manner, we've made it a built in feature.
Mounting and Use
Mounting your Mirror Onyx fireplace to your wall is simple and it usually only takes one person to get the job done. Installation instructions are included with the unit and are clear and easy to understand. The easily mountable bracket is included and once it has been mounted to your wall, all you need to do is hang and secure your fireplace with the included screws. As recommended by Touchstone, the optimal placement of your fireplace is high enough on your wall to conceal the mounting hardware but at least 24 inches below your ceiling. Most customers opt to mount their Onyx on the wall below their wall-mounted flatscreen television, however, we recommend you mount your electric fireplace at least 24 inches below your TV.
- 2 heat settings (high and low)
- Wall mounting brackets included
- Remote control for heat and flame setting (batteries not included)
- Dual mode, operates with or without heat for only flame effect
- Heat disable switch allows for recessing into wall
- Built in timer mode for shut off in 30 minutes to 7.5 hours.
- If mounting under a wall mounted flat panel TV, mount fireplace at least 24" below the bottom of the TV.
- Frame color: Mirror
- Fireplace dimensions: 50.4" W x 21.65" H x 5.5" W
- Firebox dimensions (for recessing unit): 38.75" W x 18.75" H x 5" D
- Shipping carton dimensions: 55 in. x 9 in. x 27 in
- Part number: 80001
- Watts: 1,500
- BTU's: 5,118
- Room Coverage: 400 ft.
- Fireplace Weight: 46 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 55 pounds
- Voltage: 120v
- Amperes: 11 and up
For more information regarding our return policy,
please click here.